Check if your journal is not already indexed in Pubmed: list of journals.
Criteria for selection
Information required for assessment
- The publication must have a title and an ISSN
- Date of first publication and frequency of publication
- Journal’s URL
- The journal’s website must include: an editorial committee, an editorial policy, a peer review process and an ethics statement.
- Name and publisher details.
Relevant criteria to determine if the journal is within Pubmed’s scope:
- Peer review policy
- Fields: life sciences and biomedical
- The affiliations of the editorial committee and authors should reflect their independence and the journal’s main fields
- The articles submitted should pertain to the following: scientific articles, clinical case reports, articles in connection with a data set, descriptions of surgical or clinical procedures.
Assessment of scientific quality
- Editorial policy
- Quality of content: clarity, logic, scientific method…
- Quality of figures and tables
- Language quality
- Article layouts
- Editorial committee and authors: affiliations, relevance to the journal’s scope
- Frequency of publication
Minimum criteria: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/pub/min_requirements/
Pubmed requests the following files:
- Full text XML
- High resolution, uncompressed images
- PDF file matching the XML file
- Additional material
- Maximum file size: 2 GB
- Compressed files sent by FTP (file naming here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/pub/filespec-delivery/#naming-artd-table)
Pubmed Publisher portal : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/publisherportal/
Possibility to reapply after 2 years.