A collective cristal award for Numdam
A collective Cristal award was given the 23 May 2019 by the CNRS to the Numdam team, which also happens to be part of the Mersenne team, for developing the French Digital Mathematics Library !
Team members are Isabelle Costerg, Simon Chevance, Olivier Labbe, Thierry Bouche, Patrick Bernaud et Nicolas Franco-Nollet.
4 April 2019
2d 2019 issue of Algebratic Combinatorics online
The second issue of the 2019 volume of Algebraic Combinatorics has just been published and is available online: https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2019__2_2/.
Table of Contents:
- Semi-steady non-commutative crepant resolutions via regular dimer models - Nakajima, Yusuke
- On the double-affine Bruhat order: the ε=1 conjecture and classification of covers in ADE type - Muthiah, Dinakar ; Orr, Daniel
- A bijective proof of Macdonald’s reduced word formula - Billey, Sara C. ; Holroyd, Alexander E. ; Young, Benjamin J.
- Hook removal operators on the odd Young graph - Bessenrodt, Christine ; Giannelli, Eugenio ; Olsson, Jørn B.
- Paths to Understanding Birational Rowmotion on Products of Two Chains - Musiker, Gregg ; Roby, Tom
- FFLV-type monomial bases for type B - Makhlin, Igor
First issue of Annales Henri Lebesgue
Annales Henri Lebesgue journal has just published its first volume : 10 articles signed by famous mathematicians.
Table of contents:
- Chow ring and gonality of general abelian varieties - Claire Voisin
- On the ℓ𝑞,𝑝 cohomology of Carnot groups - Pierre Pansu ; Michel Rumin
- Convergence of the empirical spectral measure of unitary Brownian motion - Elizabeth Meckes ; Tai Melcher
- Finiteness of polarized K3 surfaces and hyperkähler manifolds - Daniel Huybrechts
- The geometry of random minimal factorizations of a long cycle - Valentin Féray ; Igor Kortchemski
- No temporal distributional limit theorem for a.e. irrational translation - Dmitry Dolgopyat ; Omri Sarig
- The skeleton of the UIPT, seen from infinity - Nicolas Curien ; Laurent Ménard
- Rigidity results in generalized isothermal fluids - Rémi Carles ; Kleber Carrapatoso ; Matthieu Hillairet
- Tempered distributions and Fourier transform on the Heisenberg group - Hajer Bahouri ; Jean-Yves Chemin ; Raphaël Danchin
JEP in the centre Mersenne
The Journal de l'École polytechnique, web-published by the Cedram since 2014 has been migrated to the Centre Mersenne. The whole content is thus published through the Mersenne platform and accessible via the new JEP website, which respects all the best practices.
You can access all the JEP content on their website.
D-Day for Academic-Led Publishing Day
The centre Mersenne is taking part of the first edition of the Academic-Led Publishing Day, this very 7 February 2019.
This event, dedicated to academic-led publishing initiatives, is initiated by Scholastica and Free Journal Network, and aims at creating an open dialogue about programs and economic models between stakeholders.
A series of events (virtual and in-person) will be organised throughout the day, and resrouces will be made available on the website.
AIF are now web-published on the Mersenne Platform
The Annales de l'Institut Fourier, previously published by Cedram have now joined the Centre Mersenne. You can now access all their content via their new website, url https://aif.centre-mersenne.org/. What's new? A new logo, more info...
To manage their editorial process, the AIF also have a new OJS Instance instead of their old Ruche system.
Happy New Year
The Mersenne team wishes you a happy new year full of open access projects!
5th issue of Algebraic Combinatorics online
The fifth issue of Algebraic Combinatorics is online! Discover it on https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2018__1_4.
On the menu:
- Loop-augmented Forests and a Variant of Foulkes’s Conjecture - Can, Mahir Bilen, Remmel, Jeff
- Universal Tutte characters via combinatorial coalgebras - Dupont, Clément ; Fink, Alex ; Moci, Luca
- Noncommutative Bell polynomials and the dual immaculate basis - Novelli, Jean-Christophe ; Thibon, Jean-Yves ; Toumazet, Frédéric
- Stanley–Reisner rings of simplicial complexes with a free action by an abelian group - Sawaska, Connor
- A new approach to the excess problem of Hadamard matrices - Hirasaka, Mitsugu ; Momihara, Koji ; Suda, Sho
Mersenne at the Open Science French National Days
The centre Mersenne will participate in the first French Open Science Days (Journées Nationales de la science ouvertes -
#JNSO2018) organized by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (Ministère de l'enseignement supérieur, de la Recherche et de l'Innovation) from 4 to 6 December 2018 in Paris.
We will be presenting a poster.
Link vers les JNSO (French only)
Link to videos (French and English)
The Centre Mersenne at the SIF-SMAI conference on new publication models
4th issue of Algebraic Combinatorics online
The fourth issue of Algebraic Combinatorics is online! Discover it on https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2018__1_4.
On the menu:
- Schubert polynomials, 132-patterns, and Stanley’s conjecture - Weigandt, Anna E.
- Radicals of Sn-invariant positive semidefinite hermitian forms - Franchi, Clara ; Ivanov, Alexander A. ; Mainardis, Mario
- Dual filtered graphs - Patrias, Rebecca ; Pylyavskyy, Pavlo
- Towards a function field version of Freiman’s Theorem - Bachoc, Christine ; Couvreur, Alain ; Zémor, Gilles
- On the definition of Heisenberg category - Brundan, Jonathan
- Towards a uniform subword complex description of acyclic finite type cluster algebras - Brodsky, Sarah B. ; Stump, Christian
September 13, 2018
EMS Newsletter of September 2018 contains an article explaining how the editors of Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics (Springer published) resigned and reformed as Algebraic Combinatorics, web published by the Centre Mersenne.
On the Notices of AMS of August 2018, Mark C. Wilson, one of Algebraic Combinatorics's editors, explains his point of view about fair open access's ecosystem by Mark C. Wilson.
Both articles mention the Centre Mersenne.
RDV in next PKP sprint
The centre Mersenne will take part in the next PKP sprint, in Heidelberg, Germany.
Proposed topics: UI/UX review / enhancements, accessibility, translation tools, plugin testing, management and release processes, dead code hunt...
July 13, 2018
The 2018 edition of the International Congress of Mathematicians will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from June 1 to 9, 2018, at the Riocentro Convention Center, du 1er au 9 août 2018.
The Centre Mersenne will be represented by Thierry Bouche.
July 5, 2018
3rd issue of Algebratic Combinatorics online
The third issue of Algebraic Combinatorics has just been published and is available online: https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2018__1_3
June 18, 2018
The 22d Conference's theme will be "Connecting the Knowledge Commons: From Projects to Sustainable Infrastructure", a subject that perfectly fits our project aiming at being scalable and sustainable.
French Universities towards Open Access
On April 19th, University of Lorraine announced that it would not renew its subscription to the Springer Big Deal. It will instead support open access publishing projects such as SciPost, OpenEdition...
Besides, Rennes University also canceled its subscription to Springer and will finance three open access projects, among which the newly-created Annales Henri Lebesgue, a mathematics journal, published by the Centre Mersenne.
2d issue of Alegbraic Combinatorics is online
The second issue of Algebraic Combinatorics is online !
You can read it on the journal's website.
Table of contents : Permutrees by Vincent Pilaud and Viviane Pons ; A Demazure crystal construction for Schubert polynomials by Sami Assaf and Anne Schilling ; Symmetry in Turán sums of squares polynomials from flag algebras by Annie Raymond, Mohit Singh and Rekha R. Thomas ; A property of the Birkhoff polytope by Barbara Baumeister and Frieder Ladisch ; Minimal free resolutions of lattice ideals of digraphs by Liam O’Carroll and Francesc Planas-Vilanova.
First meeting of the Scientific Committee
The scientific committee's first meeting takes place on March 16th, 2018, in Mathdoc.
It includes the following researchers: Claude Sabbah (President), Sylvie Benzoni, Djalil Chafaï, Jean-Pierre Demailly, Marie Farge, Frédéric Hélein, Norbert Schappacher et Christoph Sorger.