5th issue of Algebraic Combinatorics online
The fifth issue of Algebraic Combinatorics is online! Discover it on https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2018__1_4.
On the menu:
- Loop-augmented Forests and a Variant of Foulkes’s Conjecture - Can, Mahir Bilen, Remmel, Jeff
- Universal Tutte characters via combinatorial coalgebras - Dupont, Clément ; Fink, Alex ; Moci, Luca
- Noncommutative Bell polynomials and the dual immaculate basis - Novelli, Jean-Christophe ; Thibon, Jean-Yves ; Toumazet, Frédéric
- Stanley–Reisner rings of simplicial complexes with a free action by an abelian group - Sawaska, Connor
- A new approach to the excess problem of Hadamard matrices - Hirasaka, Mitsugu ; Momihara, Koji ; Suda, Sho
November 29, 2018
Mersenne at the Open Science French National Days
The Centre Mersenne will be present at the French National Days on Open Science, that will take place at the French Ministry of Education, on Decembre 4 - 6, 2018, Paris.
The Centre Mersenne at the SIF-SMAI conference on new publication models
4th issue of Algebraic Combinatorics online
The fourth issue of Algebraic Combinatorics is online! Discover it on https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2018__1_4.
On the menu:
- Schubert polynomials, 132-patterns, and Stanley’s conjecture - Weigandt, Anna E.
- Radicals of Sn-invariant positive semidefinite hermitian forms - Franchi, Clara ; Ivanov, Alexander A. ; Mainardis, Mario
- Dual filtered graphs - Patrias, Rebecca ; Pylyavskyy, Pavlo
- Towards a function field version of Freiman’s Theorem - Bachoc, Christine ; Couvreur, Alain ; Zémor, Gilles
- On the definition of Heisenberg category - Brundan, Jonathan
- Towards a uniform subword complex description of acyclic finite type cluster algebras - Brodsky, Sarah B. ; Stump, Christian
September 13, 2018
EMS Newsletter of September 2018 contains an article explaining how the editors of Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics (Springer published) resigned and reformed as Algebraic Combinatorics, web published by the Centre Mersenne.
On the Notices of AMS of August 2018, Mark C. Wilson, one of Algebraic Combinatorics's editors, explains his point of view about fair open access's ecosystem by Mark C. Wilson.
Both articles mention the Centre Mersenne.
RDV in next PKP sprint
The centre Mersenne will take part in the next PKP sprint, in Heidelberg, Germany.
Proposed topics: UI/UX review / enhancements, accessibility, translation tools, plugin testing, management and release processes, dead code hunt...
July 13, 2018
The 2018 edition of the International Congress of Mathematicians will take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from June 1 to 9, 2018, at the Riocentro Convention Center, du 1er au 9 août 2018.
The Centre Mersenne will be represented by Thierry Bouche.
July 5, 2018
3rd issue of Algebratic Combinatorics online
The third issue of Algebraic Combinatorics has just been published and is available online: https://alco.centre-mersenne.org/issues/ALCO_2018__1_3
June 18, 2018
The 22d Conference's theme will be "Connecting the Knowledge Commons: From Projects to Sustainable Infrastructure", a subject that perfectly fits our project aiming at being scalable and sustainable.
French Universities towards Open Access
On April 19th, University of Lorraine announced that it would not renew its subscription to the Springer Big Deal. It will instead support open access publishing projects such as SciPost, OpenEdition...
Besides, Rennes University also canceled its subscription to Springer and will finance three open access projects, among which the newly-created Annales Henri Lebesgue, a mathematics journal, published by the Centre Mersenne.
2d issue of Alegbraic Combinatorics is online
The second issue of Algebraic Combinatorics is online !
You can read it on the journal's website.
Table of contents : Permutrees by Vincent Pilaud and Viviane Pons ; A Demazure crystal construction for Schubert polynomials by Sami Assaf and Anne Schilling ; Symmetry in Turán sums of squares polynomials from flag algebras by Annie Raymond, Mohit Singh and Rekha R. Thomas ; A property of the Birkhoff polytope by Barbara Baumeister and Frieder Ladisch ; Minimal free resolutions of lattice ideals of digraphs by Liam O’Carroll and Francesc Planas-Vilanova.
First meeting of the Scientific Committee
The scientific committee's first meeting takes place on March 16th, 2018, in Mathdoc.
It includes the following researchers: Claude Sabbah (President), Sylvie Benzoni, Djalil Chafaï, Jean-Pierre Demailly, Marie Farge, Frédéric Hélein, Norbert Schappacher et Christoph Sorger.